Hi, everyone. I wanted to let you know that, in general, I am doing a little better. I am also exercising a lot of self-compassion. Here is what that looks like:
- I am opting out of the Blogging from A to Z challenge this year. I have done it every year since I started this blog, but I just can’t this time.
- I turned down a speaking engagement for June, because that month already has a ton of things going on for me.
- I have accepted that my current WIP is going to be written in tiny bits, rather than giant swathes. Each word I get on the page is one I didn’t have before.
- I have been notified by my MD that pretty soon it will be my turn to make a vaccination appointment. This has helped my morale more than I anticipated.
- I am getting back into cooking and baking, trying new recipes. Not all of them have turned out well, but I am not taking that as an indictment of my skills. Not all recipes are that good (so now you know …).
- I am making an effort to read more this year. I have always been an avid reader, but last year I struggled to concentrate on books. TV was a lot easier. I’m already doing better with this; I’m six books ahead of schedule based on my target of 100 books/year.
I am truly grateful for all of the kind words I’ve received during my mental health struggle. I had six sessions with a wonderful doctor who helped me get past the “bump” that I was experiencing. I have a day job supervisor who is caring and compassionate, and continues to make sure I have the support I need. I know I’m fortunate in all of these things.